Brett Hodson will be retiring after 33 years of service to COR! Brett’s strong work ethic and love for our clients comes from her upbringing. Her mother was a single parent who worked as a Registered Nurse for the disabled. Brett often had to tag along to recreational events, and this is where Brett began to love this population of people. She attended Northwest Community College in Powell Wyoming and later interned at Billings Work Shop aka COR. On April 23, 1990 she began her permanent employment with COR Enterprises. Over the years Brett has helped in so many ways including small assembly and needle trades, DMS production, supported living, also for years she supervised the Metra crew. Supported Living is “a perfect ending for my career, and there are many days that I wonder why they pay me to have so much fun”. She was the first staff member to organize one of her favorites here, a trip to The Black Hills of South Dakota when she took eight clients and another staff member on a 4-day vacation. Clients are the reason for everything that Brett does!
Here are some fun facts about Brett:
- Member of the first female firefighting crew for the Forest Service, when she was 16 years old.
- Her favorite animal is a CAT, wild or domestic.
- She has a great appreciation for nature and the environment.
- Her favorite songs include Authority sung by John Mellencamp and Get Together by The Youngbloods.
- One of her favorite books is The Lord of the Rings trilogy by JRR Tolkien.
We wish Brett a wonderful retirement where she can spend her time camping, playing computer games, learning new things on the computer, and traveling. Thank you, Brett, for your years of dedication to COR! We will miss you very much and wish you a happy retirement! Please join in celebrating Brett’s retirement on June 22nd, for Pizza and Cake!